Saturday, June 7, 2014

You are a month old tomorrow. Mostly things are amazing and wonderful and I am so glad you are here and healthy and seem as happy as someone who is not smiling yet can seem. Please keep that in mind because I sense that the rest of this may not reflect that accurately.

You rarely cry and are easy to soothe right now. Those are both wonderful traits and I am grateful for both of them but in that way that you know other people are worse off and you can tell yourself that but it doesn't really make it easier for you.

You really seem to hate sleeping. As in you just keeps your eyes open constantly for as long as you  possibly can. Not crying or anything - just wide awake. This doesn't become a problem until you get overtired and it is completely impossible to get you to sleep even tho you've been awake for (in one case) 6 hours. Yes, I googled it. That is quite unusual for a 2 week old.

.....

Coming back to look at this when you are now 7 months old. Things are so different. It was so hard then. You weren't colicy or cyring much but you were often so determined not to sleep. And it felt like it would be that way forever. The hardest part for me was still coming tho. Short naps - the bane of my existence. More on that later I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment