Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Remembering?

Lets see if I can remember everything I read recently. I've been zooming through books again lately.

This was so good. I've been neglecting non-fiction for awhile and thought it might be time to try something to get back in. I feel like I learned a lot about the war in Iraq but at the same time the whole book was so anecdotal that I didn't feel as though it was just a ton of information spewed at me. It was so sad though. He even tried to give it a nicer ending but it still just feels so hopeless there.

What's this? More Neil Gaiman? Can't believe I hadn't read these before. They seem like something my dad would have given me. This one is about the super boring son of a god, who finds out his father was a god just after his father dies. He also finds out he has a brother, who happened to get the god genes. Hijinx ensue. And I have another Neil Gaiman on my bookshelf...

My children's book for this post. Another historical fiction novel. This one is about a Japanese girl in California who gets sent to an internment camp. Apparently some of the camps during WWII were on Indian Reservations. There is some interaction between the two groups and the fact that they are both discriminated against lends interest to the story.

Almost forgot this one. This was a short, almost sensual story about a cooking class. Each character takes a chapter and it's neat to see how the lives entwine. Plus, sometimes I just love reading about food. And the author clearly loves food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment